Cleaning of oil heat exchangers
Heat exchange equipment, in which the heating of oil products is carried out, is used for heating of local importance, in overpasses and centralized heating points. Units that perform heating are tubular heaters having a very different design.
When using heat exchange units, heat transfer in them is tripled and even six times as compared to coil-type heaters. This is due to the fact that in this equipment the speed of movement and turbulence in the exchanging media is much higher than in other units.
Heat exchangers used in the oil industry fully comply with all standards that exist in this area.
Scheme of sectional fuel heater (PTS type)
- 1, 2 – fixed support
- 3 – fuel outlet valve
- 4 – steam inlet valve
- 5 – valve regulating condensate outflow
- 6 – fuel inlet valve
- 7 – heating pipe
- 8 – heating case
- 9 – body flange
- 10 – bolt
- 11 – cover
- 12 – insulating layer
- 13 – heating tube fins
- A, B – inlet and outlet points of petroleum products
- B – steam inlet point
- Г – condensate outlet point.
Double-pipe heat exchange units are widely used for heating oil products. They have several advantages, the main of which are:
- simplicity of design
- possibility of mounting using standard elements
- possibility of increasing the heat exchange surface by adding sections.
What is the cleaning process?
The purification technology deserves to be described in more detail, because it defines the procedure for actions that result in the removal of oil and ARPD from inside the heat exchangers. The multi-step process looks like this:
- An auxiliary piping layout is prepared and installed;
- The scheme is pressed, the identified deficiencies (omissions, leaks) are eliminated;
- The solvent of ARPD of CHX type is poured into the circuit of the heat exchangers heating the oil;
- The system works in a static mode, in which the ARPD solvent is maintained in the circuit;
- Conversion to dynamic mode in which the ARPD solvent circulates through the system;
- The final stage at which the spent ARPD solvent is discharged and disposed of.
In order to quickly transfer the ARPD deposits to the solvent, it (solvent) is preheated with steam entering through the tube space of the heat exchange units.